Updated info…… There’s a lot of info so grab a beverage of choice and plan on sitting down for a minute!!
2nd Annual Grand Lake Wakefest was off the charts successful, if you weren’t there you missed the best turn out by spectators that we have ever had, and some awesome riding! Thanks to all who came out and all who rode, together the Event was incredible!!
Scores are updated, so if you competed check out the standings and if you find any discrepancies let us know ASAP, we are human and definitely make mistakes……We try real hard to not make them, but life happens.
Thanks to all of our awesome sponsors, Matt Edmondson from Synergy Group and his crew, Jeff from Dick Lanes, Jerry from Cedar Port and The Mullens from Ugly John’s, as well as all the media that stepped up to help promote and cover the event, together we threw an amazing Event and one that will be remembered! Oh let’s not forget the fantastic support from GRDA, this tournament could not have happened with such great success without their support, Frank Ambrus YOU ROCK!!!!
Okay on to this last and final tournament for the 2011 Season…….. It will be held back on Keystone Lake in the City of Mannford at the New Mannford Ramp. The event schedule is as follows:
- · Friday August 12th- Early morning set up and Registration begins at 3:00pm on site.
- · Pay for Pulls and Learn to Wakeboard Clinics until Dark.
- · Saturday August 13th- Registration Opens at 9:00am and closes at 10:30am, there will be absolutely NO LATE ENTRIES!!! Our upper divisions you must register on line or before 10:30 am or you will not get to participate in the Event……. The day is full of activities and we need to pack up registration at 10:30 am.
- · Riders Meeting at 10:00am
- · Opening Ceremonies at 10:30am
- · We will be participating in Mannford’s Festival….. Boats, Melons and BBQ http://mannfordbc.com/ Therefore we will be taking a break from 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. to compete in the Cardboard Boat Race and to watch all the other entries try and beat those of us that are competing. If you want to throw a team together its $25.00 and you can call me or check out the Mannford website for more details.
- · There will be a Kid’s Fishing Derby from 9:00 – 11:00 and all sorts of cool Family Games and Fun Activities as well as Inflatable’s and our Sun and Ski family will have a tent set up with some great prices on all sorts of products.
- · There will be a Vintage Vehicle Display of over 50 cars, a BBQ Contest and Live Music!
- · Saturday August 13th at 6:00pm we will head over to Freddie’s Steak House for our 2011 Year End Banquet and Awards Ceremony for the Tournament held that day and Year End State Champion Titles handed out; you don’t want to miss this!!
There has been lots of talk going around about the existence of Oklahoma Wake Series next year, so I want to address it…… We will hold 2 Festivals next year, which means we will not be doing a State Champion points chase, the two tournaments will be just like a normal Festival (SPF) where the winners will be announced for that tournament and the points will not be carried onto the next festival. We have had a great time over the last 3 years and 19 Tournaments later we are tired and know as a family it is time to cut back a little bit, tournaments take a lot of time and effort and without the full support of the Industry it makes it really hard! We have AMAZING sponsors but this year we had to do it without the help from a single board company, and without Liquid Force, Hyperlite, and the other major board companies, it makes a hard job even harder. I want you all to understand that we are so grateful for our amazing Boat Sponsors (Malibu, Mastercraft, Centurion, Tige’) because without them and Red Bull, Oakley, Von Zipper, Pro Line, Sun and Ski, Jolin and Associates,The Shack Apparel and Board Shop this season wouldn’t have existed. We will end this 2011 Season by holding the 6 tournament this summer and we couldn’t be happier at the growth we have seen in this sport in Oklahoma, and all the new families we have met, we expect to see you in the off season as well as the two awesome Oklahoma Wake Festivals next summer!
So DON’T FORGET to Pre-Register for this next event and save money and not worry about missing out, mark your calendar for Saturday evening at 6:00pm for the Year End Banquet and drink your RED BULL!!! =) I’m available this week if you want to talk about putting a winning run together, and if you have time and want to come up to Grand Lake so we can practice together, hit me or Matt up we would love to have you and any family or buddies you want to bring.
Everyone stay cool this weekend, have fun, be safe and we will see you in a week!
And by the way, our cardboard boat is going to WIN!!!!!!!!! I’m willing to bet a T-Shirt on it! And a case of Red Bull!!